The Humane Society of Western Montana is committed to empowering the human-animal bond by being a leading resource for pets and their people. We enjoy a robust adoption program and strive to help as many pets as possible through our intake and transfer programs. Thank you for your interest in partnering with our organization.
Interested in partnering with HSWM?
1. Review our Transfer Guidelines.
2. Contact Liz, our Intake Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org, to discuss partnering with HSWM.
3. Review and sign the Memorandum of Understanding (we'll email this to you once we have had a chance to connect).
4. Contact us to discuss potential transfer dates and pets. We may not always be able to accommodate every request, depending on our resources and schedule.
Transfer Program Paramenters:
- Public health and safety will be the primary concerns.
- Agencies will be registered 501‐C‐3 or municipal organizations.
- Agencies and all their representatives will abide by all local, state and federal regulations.
- Humane standards of care will be afforded to every animal being transported.
- Animal Transport Best Practices as outlined by the Society of Animal Welfare Administrators (SAWA) will be utilized to establish and improve the program.
- Source agency agrees to refer to and abide by the health and behavior guidelines set forth in our Transfer Guide.