We are committed to Saving Every Animal Every Time by being a leading resource for companion animals and their people throughout Western Montana.
In support of this mission, we:
- Help pets stay in their homes by providing accessible and affordable programs
- Provide physical, emotional and medical care for the animals in our shelter
- Match people with pets to enrich each others' lives
- Engage the community and advocate on issues affecting the welfare of companion animals
- Improve every animal's chance to find a lifelong home by addressing each pet's unique needs
Provide physical, emotional and medical care for the animals in our shelter.
Match people with pets to enrich each others’ lives.
Engage and educate the community on issues affecting the welfare of companion animals.
The Humane Society of Western Montana was incorporated in 1963 as the Missoula Humane Society. Historically, the Humane Society saw over 8,000 animals a year. But through the efforts of our members and founders, rallying for responsible pet ownership and spaying and neutering, these numbers have declined to around 1,350 animals annually. Because of the awareness and care of our community, we guarantee the adoption of all adoptable pets. The Humane Society of Western Montana is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. We receive no government funding, and rely solely on the donations of our generous community members, events, membership fees and funds received through grants. We are governed by our member-elected Board of Directors.