The Humane Society of Western Montana staff is a team of passionate, knowledgeable and forward-thinking employees. We care for over 1500 pets at the shelter each year, maintain an adoption rate of 98%+ and work with our community to enhance the lives of pets and their people. Join our team of dedicated individuals!
- Health Insurance
- Vision/Dental Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Multiple Paid Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discounts
*Benefits may vary based on employment status and length of employment.
The Humane Society of Western Montana is an equal opportunity employer. It is our intention that all qualified applicants are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions are based on job-related factors.
Please see application instructions under each job description.
At the Humane Society of Western Montana, we serve 1,500 animals each year, maintain an adoption rate of 99%+ and work with our community to enhance the lives of pets and their people. The Humane Society of Western Montana is looking for an energetic, team-oriented Veterinary Technician to join our dedicated, knowledgeable and compassionate crew.
Shelter medicine is a unique field where most of your work supports pets in the building and pets in foster homes. There is also some client coordination and interaction through our free wellness clinics and low-cost spay/neuter clinics.
Our ideal candidate will have the following skills and qualifications:
- Certified Veterinary Technician or two years of equivalent experience in a full service veterinary clinic
- Experience with venipuncture, intubation, laboratory sample collection, diagnostic imaging and anesthesia management
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to resolve customer inquiries in person/over the phone and effectively communicate with staff in other shelter departments
- Availability to work a flexible schedule that may include weekends and holidays
- High school education or GED required
Submit a one-page cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Pet Adoption & Welfare Specialist (PAWS)
PAWS team members are responsible for ensuring the pets and people we serve receive exceptional and enriching care. The duties of this position include providing daily pet care (enriching, cleaning, feeding, monitoring), match-making and performing pet adoptions, performing pet intake interviews and exams, placing special needs pets and, above all, practicing the humane treatment of all animals. To apply, please download the position summary and submit a cover letter, resume and completed application to email@example.com.