If you’re searching for a fulfilling job in veterinary medicine while maintaining a good work-life balance, look no further! The Humane Society of Western Montana (HSWM) is looking for an enthusiastic Veterinary Technician to join our team. The ideal candidate is self-driven, motivated, and trustworthy.
Employees of HSWM get to work with animals housed in the shelter, those in foster care and pets of clients in Missoula and the surrounding communities. We serve thousands of animals each year, maintain an adoption rate of over 98% and work with our community to enhance the lives of pets and their people. To learn more about us, please visit myhswm.org.
To Apply – Submit a resume and a completed Humane Society application (below) to email@example.com.
Our ideal candidate will have the following skills and qualifications:
- One to two years experience in a full-service veterinary clinic preferred but not mandatory
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with venipuncture, intubation, laboratory sample collection, diagnostic imaging, and anesthesia management is ideal, but a willingness to learn will also be accepted
- While licensure/certification as a veterinary technician is not required, an interest in obtaining licensure is preferred
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to resolve customer inquiries in person/over the phone in a friendly, professional manner
- Willingness to effectively communicate with staff in other shelter departments
- Availability to work a flexible schedule that may include weekends and holidays
- High school education or GED required
- Health/Dental/Vision insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount on retail and veterinary services for pets
- Paid time off
- Four 10-hour shifts per week, may include one weekend day
- Occasional travel to surrounding regions of western Montana
- Some shifts may be split between veterinary responsibilities and animal care/adoption duties to best support animals in the shelter
- New mobile hospital that includes digital x-ray, surgery suite, and dental equipment
- In-shelter surgery suite with preoperative prep table, heated cage banks, two surgery tables, and a dental machine
- Digital dental x-rays
- Portable ultrasound machine
- Companion Animal Health Laser
- High school or equivalent
- Veterinary Technician Experience: 1-2 years preferred
- License/Certification: preferred, or interest in pursuing licensure
Available shifts and compensation: We have shifts available all days of the week. Compensation commensurate with experience.
- Health Insurance
- Vision/Dental Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Multiple Paid Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discounts
*Benefits may vary based on employment status and length of employment.
The Humane Society of Western Montana is an equal opportunity employer.